Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Depression.

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Depression sucks. I am driven by an never-ending need to find effective treatment, while simultaneously feeling drained by overwhelming feelings of apathy, and depression. T.V. shows I used to laugh out loud at, hobbies I used to crave the time to practice. Now, I have nothing but free time and none of these activities I used to love bring me an ounce of joy. I feel completely lost.

However, I won't give up. One thing that has brought me joy is listening to podcasts and going on walks around my neighborhood. Getting outside is so important, and considering I am literally bedridden with pain some days, I am ashamed to admit that some days I don't even leave my house. Getting outside gives me a little taste of that vitamin D folks are always talking about, as well as the opportunity to exercise a little without putting too much strain on my body. With chronic pain, it's all about finding the balance between doing enough exercise to feel the benefits, without pushing yourself too far and potentially doing more harm than good. Luckily, activities that one enjoys are much easier to turn into daily habits. I mean look at that view!

That's all for now,

Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment