Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Every morning, my little friend wakes me up. And no, I don't mean my two year old cat. I mean my daily, constant headache. This morning I'm lucky. I don't have a migraine. My pain is at a 4 or 5 and I have tingling and numbness intermittently on the left side of my face.

I've stopped taking the Valproic acid I was prescribed, as the nausea was so bad I spent hours on the floor by the toilet, trying not to throw up. Another unwanted side effect meaning this is yet another medication I couldn't tolerate.

I hate saying that. "Couldn't tolerate X medication". It makes me sound weak or like I have let the pain win. But when I lie in bed day after day, too exhausted to even go to CVS, let alone look for a summer job, I am tempted to say that the pain has won.

No comments:

Post a Comment